Hooray! We have a new day care provider--Tami. I found her through her sister-in-law, who is a friend of a friend of someone at work. She is licensed for day care in her home and has 4 kids of her own (all in school but the youngest). Maegan's first day there was Monday, and the week is going wonderfully. Tami keeps a notebook that tells me when Maegan eats and how much, when she sleeps and how long, how many dirty/wet diapers she has, and general comments about the day. She even throws Maegan's clothes in with hers if she's doing a load of laundry (every day so far!), and washes her bottles for me.
The only drawback is her location--on the way to nowhere. It is between our house and work, but there just isn't a direct route. We have to leave at 7 to be at work by 8, and we don't get home until 6. The likelihood of finding a good care provider in a good location is slim to none, and we are tired of the commute. Anyone want to buy a great house? :) Yes, we've decided to move into town. We love our place in the woods, but the detour to day care has made a long commute just too long. We'll be sad to leave the house we built, but it will be wonderful to be nearer to work and friends (and day care).
I know you want to hear more about Maegan, so I'll tell you that she seems to be growing very quickly. Some mornings when I wake her up, I think she has changed overnight. She is starting to squeal and gurgles and coos more often. She seems to be happy all the time and Matthew says she's 'still cute as a button'. She's wearing 6-9 month sizes now, although I still need to put away the 3-6 month stuff so we can see what/how much we need to buy more easily. After the size 1 diapers run out, we're going to start on the size 2's.
That's all for now. Next posting, I promise another picture. :)
1 comment:
Children change everything huh???? Do you and Matt ride to work together? We split the daycare thing fifty/fifty so some days I get home early and get a few things done before the children arrive and sometimes hubby does... Atleast if you ride together it is talking time for just you two!
Post a Comment