To the left, you can see that Maegan and Ethan barely fit in the bike trailer, but they've been doing pretty good not killing each other when we go for rides. So far, we've run a few errands--buying a light bulb at a lighting store not too far from home, and Maegan and I went to the library together with the bike one evening. We've also gone on a few local trails, including the one at Saylorville yesterday, and I even made it up the big hill to the dam pulling the trailer! We took that ride with Tianyi, who is headed back to China for the summer today. Thankfully, his friends and family were safe from the earthquake that happened not too far from their city.
Maegan's sense of humor is developing nicely. She loves to make jokes about things that are opposites. For example, she got a big kick out of it when I mixed up my words the other day and said, "Its time to brush your face and wash your teeth." She still makes that joke sometimes. Once, when she woke up and Ethan was still sleeping, she asked me if Ethan was up, and I said no. She asked, "So, we should be noisy?" with a big grin on her face. Are three-year olds supposed to understand sarcasm?
Here's Maegan and Matthew snuggling by the fire. Maegan likes playing with her baby dolls, which usually includes wrapping them up in blankets, or dish towels, or dust cloths, or whatever she can dig out of a basket of laundry waiting to be folded.
This summer, we bought a share in Turtle Farm, an organic CSA nearby. We went out last Friday to help plant potatoes. Here you can see Maegan putting one in the furrow, with a stick between potatoes to measure how far apart they should be. She had a great time and cried when it was time to go home. We have already enjoyed a couple of pounds of asparagus and should start getting regular weekly boxes of produce soon!
I think I'll stop here on this post and work on Ethan's blog. If Ethan's nap is long enough today, I'll come back with more pics and stories!
1 comment:
Thanks for the update! I take it Ethan's nap wasn't very long. I look forward to hearing more.
Post a Comment