Word from the farm is that there's going to be a bumper crop of spinach this year. I had some store-bought spinach on hand to use up, so the picture shows those leaves, but when they were gone, I used the stuff from the farm. I found this recipe in a church cookbook years ago and I keep coming back to it at least once every summer because it is so yummy.According to wikipedia, spinach is an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A, manganese, folate, magnesium, iron, vitamin C, vitamin B2, calcium, potassium, and vitamin B6. It is a very good source of dietary fiber, copper, protein, phosphorous, zinc and vitamin E. In addition, it is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, niacin and selenium. WOW! No wonder Popeye loved it!
Strawberry-Spinach Salad
- 2 bunches fresh spinach
- 1 qt. fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 c. cider vinegar
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1/4 c honey
- chopped pecans
No comments:
Post a Comment